Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Need for others

I feel that I need to find others to meditate with. They say that meditation is stronger in group. I might latch onto a local group of vipassana meditators and sit with them once a month, or once a week.

As I have not been able to find a job yet I am currently volunteering in a domestic violence place as an intake person. I like it there. I wish they had funding to hire me for a couple of days a week. Yesterday I felt I really contributed to the wellbeing of others. It is so important to get satisfaction from the work you do, and to be able to do the work in a supportive, non-judgemental environment.

I photographed this flower around the time I went to the 10-day vipassana meditation course. This is one of those 'look deeper' shots that I enjoy taking.

Copyright Kirsi Reinikka 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment