Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gorgeous

I have not taken the short bush walk close to my house since July. Now that my heel finally allows me to make short walks I went to for it yesterday with a friend. I was puffing like a blow fish! The bush looked pretty good, it has got its vigour back after the rains. For so many years it was just so brittle and empty looking, all the undercover plants were gone then. Now the ferns and other lush looking plants are back. My friend said that she had been asked by rangers the other day if she had seen an injured koala next to the rock steps. She had not. Somebody had called the rangers and they had been on the look out to save it. Koala sightings are starting to be rare now. Ten years ago you could see them every now and then but today - rarely. It is sad.
Here is a picture of a flower that looks really sweet and romantic.

Copyright Kirsi Reinikka 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment